(1) Fenugreek seeds are another excellent home remedy for leucorrhoea. They should be taken internally in the form of tea and also used as a douche.
For a douche, the solution should be much stronger than tea. Two tablespoonfuls of fenugreek seeds should be put in a liter of cold water and allowed to simmer for half an hour over a low flame. It should then be strained and used as a douche.
(2) Treatment through water is extremely beneficial in curing leucorrhoea. A cold hip bath twice a day for 10 minutes will help relieve congestion in the pelvic region and facilitate quick elimination of morbid matter.
(3) A warm vaginal douche at 30 o to 40 o C is beneficial to general cleansing and elimination of the purulent discharge.
(4) The procedure is to fill the douche can with 1 1/2 liter of warm water and hang it at a level of three feet above the body.
(5) The patient should lie with the hips slightly raised above the body and a special nozzle applied for this purpose should be oiled and inserted slowly into the vagina. The flow can be regulated by the small value at the nozzle.
(6) In severe cases of leucorrhoea, the douche should be done daily.
The passive inflammation of the affected organs can be cured by regular hot hip baths at 40 o C for 10 minutes and regular use of wet girdle pack for 90 minutes every night.
For a hot hip bath an ordinary bath tub may be used. It should be filled with water at 40 o C. The patient should sit in the tub, keeping the legs outside, after taking a glass of cold water. The head should be covered with a wet cloth. A cold water bath should be taken after this treatment. For the wet girdle pack, thin cotton underwear and thick or woolen underwear are required. The thin underwear should be wrung in cold water and worn by the patient. The thick dry underwear should be worn above the wet underwear. If the patient feels chill, she should be covered with a blanket.
(7) Yogasanas, especially those which improve muscles of the abdomen and uterus are highly beneficial and should be practiced regularly. These asanas are paschimottanasana, sarvagasana, halasana, padmasana, bhujansana, and shalabhasana.
(8) The patient should completely relax and should avoid mental tension and worry. Abdominal exercises and walking are also helpful.
What is Mouth ulcers? They are painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. They ...
(1) Flu Vaccine :- Who should have the flu vaccine ? Get the flu vaccine if you: (1) Are 50 or older (2) Have a chronic illness, su...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) ? Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) Definition :- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) i...
Cirrhosis Of The Liver Causes Alcoholic liver disease :- Cirrhosis of the liver is synonymous with chronic alcoh...
What is Hydrocele? / Hydrocele Definition :- Hydrocele is a common condition of men in which there is accumulation of fluid in the tunica...
What is Chicken Pox ? Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease, caused by a Chicken Pox Virus which is known as varicella-zoster virus a...