What is Tennis elbow?
Tennis elbow is an overuse injury - technically called lateral epicondyle - that affects the tendon on the outside of the elbow.
Tennis elbow is the top injury associated with all racket sports, including tennis, badminton and squash.
Tennis elbow is a painful condition of the elbow that occurs due to repeated forceful impact on the extended arm. It is the result of small tears in muscles and tendons just above the elbow.
Age and gender are not discriminating factors in developing tennis elbow.
Tennis elbow symptoms:-
(1) Your wrist hurts when gripping or moving, especially when lifting
(2) Stiffness of the elbow and arm in the morning
(3) Pain on the outer part of your elbow
Tennis elbow Treatments Home Remedies:-
There is also no need to join an expensive fitness center in order to cure your tennis elbow; you can cure tennis elbow on your own from the comfort of home without any special exercise equipment required.
1. holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit down.
2. Lay your forearms down your thighs.
3. be sure that your hands are hanging over your knees.
4. Your palms should be facing upwards.
5. Begin by curling the weight upwards at the wrist and lowering slowly.
Tennis elbow Cure Care Tips Therapy Pain Relief:-
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can reduce the pain and inflammation.
Using a heat pack or an ice pack on your elbow may reduce inflammation.
Using a brace such as a "tennis elbow strap" can reduce the strain that is placed on your elbow.
Corticosteroids are drugs that help to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
What is Mouth ulcers? They are painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. They ...
(1) Flu Vaccine :- Who should have the flu vaccine ? Get the flu vaccine if you: (1) Are 50 or older (2) Have a chronic illness, su...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) ? Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) Definition :- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) i...
Cirrhosis Of The Liver Causes Alcoholic liver disease :- Cirrhosis of the liver is synonymous with chronic alcoh...
What is Hydrocele? / Hydrocele Definition :- Hydrocele is a common condition of men in which there is accumulation of fluid in the tunica...
What is Chicken Pox ? Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease, caused by a Chicken Pox Virus which is known as varicella-zoster virus a...