What is Freckles?
Freckles are flat, circular spots that typically range in the size of the head of a nail. Freckles are small tan brownish, predominantly spots of melanin on the skin of people with fair complexions.
Freckles are very common in many people. Even though they are not harmful or dangerous to your health.
There are two basic types of freckles:-
Freckles Ephelides - These are flat red or light-brown spots that typically appear during the summer months and fade away in the winter. These types of freckles could be hereditary.
Freckles Lentigines - Lentigines may be small tan, brown or black spot that is darker than an ephelide. This does not fade in winter. This is also a genetic condition.
Causes of Freckles:-
Skin pigment melanin,Sunlight,Sun exposure,Genetic factor (MC1R gene)
Symptoms of Freckles:-
Brown spots on the face,Red-hair,Diarrhea,Moles are often produced at the affected area of skin,Abdominal pain,Weight loss.
Treatment of Freckles:-
(1) Bleaching creams,Tretinoin, Cryosurgery
(2) Laser treatment several lasers, especially ones that produce a green light, can lighten and eliminate freckles safely and effectively.
(3) Intense Pulsed Light Therapy (IPL).
(4) Horseradish juice or horseradish vinegar, or oatmeal dabbed on the skin are also helpful in lightening freckles.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
What is Mouth ulcers? They are painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. They ...
(1) Flu Vaccine :- Who should have the flu vaccine ? Get the flu vaccine if you: (1) Are 50 or older (2) Have a chronic illness, su...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) ? Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) Definition :- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) i...
Cirrhosis Of The Liver Causes Alcoholic liver disease :- Cirrhosis of the liver is synonymous with chronic alcoh...
What is Hydrocele? / Hydrocele Definition :- Hydrocele is a common condition of men in which there is accumulation of fluid in the tunica...
What is Chicken Pox ? Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease, caused by a Chicken Pox Virus which is known as varicella-zoster virus a...