Sunday, December 18, 2011
What is Acidity especially for Stomach ?-
There is a burning sensation and pain in the stomach and behind the breastbone, which is followed by gas, bloating, nausea and in some cases shortness of breath.
It is an imbalance between the stomach and proximal intestine structure.
Our stomach produces hydrochloric acid to assist us in our digestion and this production of acid is a regular and natural process.
The stomach has an inner lining where the secretion occurs and when the stomach produces more acid than is required, you have a case of stomach acidity or Gastroesophageal Reflux.
Acidity Causes -
Excessive intake of spicy and sour food ; Over consumption of alcoholic beverages
Excessive intake of coffee, tea and carbonated beverages ; Irregular meals
Symptoms of Acidity -
Uncomfortable feeling behind the breastbone that seems to be moving upward from the stomach
Burning sensation in the back of your throat
Bitter acid taste in your mouth
Often experience these problems after meals
Experience symptoms of acidity or acid indigestion two or more times per week
Trouble swallowing or persistent abdominal pain
Acidity Home Remedies -
(1) Take an infusion prepared with coriander seeds with some sugar candy added to it.
(2) Do not eat refined and fiber less food. They are responsible for acidity and ulcers. Wheat flour should be taken along with the roughage, and vegetables and fruits should be taken along with their skin to increase the fiber content.
(3) Take cow milk, Indian gooseberry, pomegranate juice, grapes, fennel, figs and old rice.
(4) Bananas, watermelon and cucumber have protective action against the acidity and heart burn
(5) Lemon rind can also be eaten to prevent it.
(6) Eat a cup of vanilla ice cream or drink a glass of cold milk to get rid of it.
(7) Raita prepared with fresh curd, grated cucumber, fresh coriander, tomato is a sure shot remedy in aiding digestion, and helps eliminate it.
What is Mouth ulcers? They are painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. They ...
(1) Flu Vaccine :- Who should have the flu vaccine ? Get the flu vaccine if you: (1) Are 50 or older (2) Have a chronic illness, su...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) ? Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) Definition :- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) i...
Cirrhosis Of The Liver Causes Alcoholic liver disease :- Cirrhosis of the liver is synonymous with chronic alcoh...
What is Hydrocele? / Hydrocele Definition :- Hydrocele is a common condition of men in which there is accumulation of fluid in the tunica...
What is Chicken Pox ? Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease, caused by a Chicken Pox Virus which is known as varicella-zoster virus a...