(1) The patient should avoid tea, coffee, alcoholic beverages and all condiments and highly flavored dishes. He should also avoid sugar, white flour products, denatured cereals like polished rice, and pearled barley and tinned or bottled foods. He should eat only pure and wholesome foods.
(2) Raw vegetable juices, especially carrot juice in combination with spinach juice, have proved highly beneficial in the treatment of eczema. The formula proportions considered helpful in this combination are carrot 300 ml. and spinach 200 ml. to make 500 ml. or half a liter of juice. The patient should get as much fresh air as possible. Restrictive clothing should not be worn.
(3) Two or three liters of water should be taken daily and the patient must bath twice or thrice a day.
(4) The skin, with the exception of the parts affected with eczema, should be vigorously rubbed with the palms of the hands before taking the bath.
(5) Coconut oil may be applied to the portions with eczema. It will help the skin to stay soft. Walking or jogging should be resorted to in order to inactivate the bowels. Sun bathing is also beneficial as it kills the harmful bacteria and should be resorted to early in the morning, in the first light of dawn. A light mudpack should be applied over the sites of the eczema is also helpful.
The pack should be applied for an hour at a time and should be repeated twice or thrice a day.
(6) In cases of acute eczema, cold compress or cold wet fomentations are beneficial. The affected part should be wrapped with a thick soft cloth. The cloth should be moistened with cold water (55 o - 60 o F) every 15 to 30 minutes for two hours at a time. The bandage should be left intact, keeping the cloth cold. There may be intensification of itching or pain initially but this will soon subside. A cold compress may be applied twice daily for a week or so.
What is Mouth ulcers? They are painful sore in the mouth. It appears on the tongue, the lips, and the gums or inside the cheeks. They ...
(1) Flu Vaccine :- Who should have the flu vaccine ? Get the flu vaccine if you: (1) Are 50 or older (2) Have a chronic illness, su...
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) ? Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, PCOD) Definition :- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) i...
Cirrhosis Of The Liver Causes Alcoholic liver disease :- Cirrhosis of the liver is synonymous with chronic alcoh...
What is Hydrocele? / Hydrocele Definition :- Hydrocele is a common condition of men in which there is accumulation of fluid in the tunica...
What is Chicken Pox ? Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease, caused by a Chicken Pox Virus which is known as varicella-zoster virus a...